May 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus has put together a guide to on-field F-bombs. Something of a taxonomy, actually, categorizing the different ways in which said bombs are thrown. Example:
If you stand in the umpire’s face and yell “F***. S***” you’ll get ejected. If you walk away and say it just loud enough to be heard, but not so loud that you’re demanding a reaction, you can pretty much get your point across and live to get another plate appearance.
And he pairs these observations up with animated GIFs showing recent examples. Which are all glorious, because we’re all basically kids and swearing is a lot of fun. Don’t lie and say it’s not.
Arglebargle, filth and foul.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 0
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 3
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 8
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)