May 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
More violence in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. This wasn’t a fandom-motivated thing like Bryan Stow, but still, dude:
A man was dragged out of his car and beaten outside Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on Sunday night after apparently causing a minor collision, KABC-TV reported.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening head and facial injuries in the parking lot attack, which happened after the home team beat the St. Louis Cardinals before more than 44,000 spectators.
It’s a giant parking lot so it’s not a stretch to assume it happened out of sight of security — and it wouldn’t be the first time a motorist overreacted to a fender bender — still, this is the sort of thing that gives fuel to the notion that the Dodgers don’t have a handle on security in their parking lots. Or at least, you can bet Bryan Stow’s lawyers will say so.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)