May 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
More violence in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. This wasn’t a fandom-motivated thing like Bryan Stow, but still, dude:
A man was dragged out of his car and beaten outside Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on Sunday night after apparently causing a minor collision, KABC-TV reported.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening head and facial injuries in the parking lot attack, which happened after the home team beat the St. Louis Cardinals before more than 44,000 spectators.
It’s a giant parking lot so it’s not a stretch to assume it happened out of sight of security — and it wouldn’t be the first time a motorist overreacted to a fender bender — still, this is the sort of thing that gives fuel to the notion that the Dodgers don’t have a handle on security in their parking lots. Or at least, you can bet Bryan Stow’s lawyers will say so.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 19
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (79)