May 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
More violence in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. This wasn’t a fandom-motivated thing like Bryan Stow, but still, dude:
A man was dragged out of his car and beaten outside Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on Sunday night after apparently causing a minor collision, KABC-TV reported.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening head and facial injuries in the parking lot attack, which happened after the home team beat the St. Louis Cardinals before more than 44,000 spectators.
It’s a giant parking lot so it’s not a stretch to assume it happened out of sight of security — and it wouldn’t be the first time a motorist overreacted to a fender bender — still, this is the sort of thing that gives fuel to the notion that the Dodgers don’t have a handle on security in their parking lots. Or at least, you can bet Bryan Stow’s lawyers will say so.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)