Chuck Knoblauch is doing well

May 21, 2012, 4:00 PM EST

Knoblauch

And now a story of a drunk man wearing chef’s pants on the G-train in New York last night, hitting on young women rather unsuccessfully, hinting that he played in Fenway before, used to live in Minnesota and was named Chuck:

When we got off the train Tara decided to google “baseball minnesota chuck yankee” and I was all, “Can you believe that guy? He tried to hint to us that he was a former major league baseball player!” And that is when this came up on Google …

It was a picture of his mugshot from his 2009 domestic violence arrest, which the woman recognized as Knoblauch. Then she wrote “It was Chuck Knoblauch. We were being hit on by Chuck Knoblauch on the G train.”

(link via Deadspin)

I hope that’s not true. But as we learned last year, Knoblauch is a guy who is not at all at peace in the world, so who knows.

1. bigleagues - May 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Chuck Follows Me on Twitter.

And not the fake Knoblauch’s – the fully Verified guy who was hitting on these chicks on the G train.

He probably just figured he had found the hallowed “G-spot” and ya know, wanted to learn all about it.

• Kevin S. - May 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Chuck follows everybody on Twitter.

• bigleagues - May 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Yeah that was kind of my joke, but I keep forgetting how badly some of my sarcasm translates.

2. shawnamer - May 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM

And you just had to use the picture of him in a Royals hat, come on man, things are bad enough around here.

• l0yalr0yal - May 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Crap, I didn’t see this before I posted down there. But, we were on the same wavelength. Kudos due here, not below.

3. ck101 - May 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I’m not immune to seeing the humor in this, but Knoblauch’s downward spiral is really kind of sad. This is a guy who could have owned Minnesota, given his role as a rookie on the ’91 world champions, and his scrappy style of play – he was like a really talented Nick Punto, and was on his way to being beloved here until it became common knowledge that he was basically a lousy person. And after the 1996 season, you wouldn’t have looked completely stupid speculating that he might someday be a viable Hall of Fame candidate, given what he’d done on the field and how he kept improving as a player. Ever since he demanded a trade, though, his life has consistently trended downward.

(and no I’m not in any way linked to him – the CK in the user name is a coincidence).

4. l0yalr0yal - May 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

7 seasons in Minnesota… 4 in New York… 80 games in Kansas City and you have to use that picture.

5. poreef - May 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Looks like he missed first base by a mile.

• yankeesgameday - May 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Best comment of the day because it works on so many levels.

• danandtardy - May 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Or two levels.

6. 18thstreet - May 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I’m disappointed that this wasn’t, somehow, used to take a shot at Phillies fans.

• seattlej - May 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Come on now, we don’t want to kick the guy while he’s down…

7. kiwicricket - May 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Passing yourself off as being formally famous and named Chuck isn’t too bad a start really. If only he was ginger…..

• l0yalr0yal - May 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM

How do gingers reach orgasm?

All alone.

• opiedamus - May 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I hope the 2 of you (kiwi and royal, immediately above the comment) somehow catch a wicked cramp in your hamstring while sleeping this evening…..jump up to stretch it out, pound your pinky toe into the nightstand and then tumble to the floor….landing softly into a fresh deuce left by your dog on your bedroom floor…..

grumble, grumble, grumble….you and your anti-Gingite remarks….bunch of colorists…

• kiwicricket - May 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Sir, please mark me down for no anti-ginge sentiments. My angle was purely ‘Norris’ orientated.
        Gingers represent 3.7% of MLB’s active roster and I embrace this diversity.

8. mybrunoblog - May 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Deadspin isn’t exactly the high ground for journalistic integrity so I take their story with a grain of salt.
    Either way I couldn’t care less if Chuck Knaublach is riding the subway while drunk trying to pick up woman. The thing that really bothers me is that wild throw he made back in 1997 and hit me in the head while I was sitting behind 1st base at Yankee Stadium.

9. jfk69 - May 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

No way…I saw him playing catch with Steve Sax in LA and two guys backing up their throws. A sign posted nearby said Chuck don’t do autographs..so don’t ask.

• pepefreeus - May 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Two guys total or two guys each?

• jfk69 - May 22, 2012 at 4:43 AM