May 21, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
There are about six things awesome about this story, but suffice it to say that the fact that Dmitri Young had a kickass baseball card collection is the awesomest. Now it’s gone, he got $2.5 million for it, and he’s using a portion of that for charity.
Not so awesome: a reminder that Robert Fick hit the last home run in Tiger Stadium history. Man, no one likes Robert Fick, do they? Maybe Young does. He owns the bat and might sell that too someday.
Anyway, all kinds of fun here. Especially the pic of Young at his desk holding up the Roberto Clemente rookie he used to own.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming