May 21, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
There are about six things awesome about this story, but suffice it to say that the fact that Dmitri Young had a kickass baseball card collection is the awesomest. Now it’s gone, he got $2.5 million for it, and he’s using a portion of that for charity.
Not so awesome: a reminder that Robert Fick hit the last home run in Tiger Stadium history. Man, no one likes Robert Fick, do they? Maybe Young does. He owns the bat and might sell that too someday.
Anyway, all kinds of fun here. Especially the pic of Young at his desk holding up the Roberto Clemente rookie he used to own.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)