May 21, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
There are about six things awesome about this story, but suffice it to say that the fact that Dmitri Young had a kickass baseball card collection is the awesomest. Now it’s gone, he got $2.5 million for it, and he’s using a portion of that for charity.
Not so awesome: a reminder that Robert Fick hit the last home run in Tiger Stadium history. Man, no one likes Robert Fick, do they? Maybe Young does. He owns the bat and might sell that too someday.
Anyway, all kinds of fun here. Especially the pic of Young at his desk holding up the Roberto Clemente rookie he used to own.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)