May 21, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Drew Sutton doesn’t really occupy of space in the baseball universe these days. He hasn’t played in the majors this year. But he has seen a lot of action. On the transaction wire:
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired infielder Drew Sutton from Pittsburgh, just one day after the Pirates made a trade to get him. The Rays got the switch-hitter on Monday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Tampa Bay announced the deal before their game against Toronto. Pittsburgh sent cash to Atlanta on Sunday for Sutton. He had been at Triple-A Gwinnett, hitting .270 and mostly playing third base.
Quick, Rays! Trade him again before he unpacks!
Also: based on the photo, Sutton will be playing “young Will Ferrell” if they ever do a biopic of the guy.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)