May 21, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Drew Sutton doesn’t really occupy of space in the baseball universe these days. He hasn’t played in the majors this year. But he has seen a lot of action. On the transaction wire:
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired infielder Drew Sutton from Pittsburgh, just one day after the Pirates made a trade to get him. The Rays got the switch-hitter on Monday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Tampa Bay announced the deal before their game against Toronto. Pittsburgh sent cash to Atlanta on Sunday for Sutton. He had been at Triple-A Gwinnett, hitting .270 and mostly playing third base.
Quick, Rays! Trade him again before he unpacks!
Also: based on the photo, Sutton will be playing “young Will Ferrell” if they ever do a biopic of the guy.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 51
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)