May 21, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
Drew Sutton doesn’t really occupy of space in the baseball universe these days. He hasn’t played in the majors this year. But he has seen a lot of action. On the transaction wire:
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired infielder Drew Sutton from Pittsburgh, just one day after the Pirates made a trade to get him. The Rays got the switch-hitter on Monday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Tampa Bay announced the deal before their game against Toronto. Pittsburgh sent cash to Atlanta on Sunday for Sutton. He had been at Triple-A Gwinnett, hitting .270 and mostly playing third base.
Quick, Rays! Trade him again before he unpacks!
Also: based on the photo, Sutton will be playing “young Will Ferrell” if they ever do a biopic of the guy.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)