May 21, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Drew Sutton doesn’t really occupy of space in the baseball universe these days. He hasn’t played in the majors this year. But he has seen a lot of action. On the transaction wire:
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired infielder Drew Sutton from Pittsburgh, just one day after the Pirates made a trade to get him. The Rays got the switch-hitter on Monday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Tampa Bay announced the deal before their game against Toronto. Pittsburgh sent cash to Atlanta on Sunday for Sutton. He had been at Triple-A Gwinnett, hitting .270 and mostly playing third base.
Quick, Rays! Trade him again before he unpacks!
Also: based on the photo, Sutton will be playing “young Will Ferrell” if they ever do a biopic of the guy.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 7
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)