May 21, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s move from the bullpen to the rotation was off to a good start with a 3.32 ERA and 31/18 K/BB ratio in his first 38 innings.
However, he struggled to throw strikes Friday, handing out five walks and failing to make it out of the fifth inning, and today the Rangers placed him on the disabled list with an elbow injury.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz underwent an MRI exam, the results of which the Rangers are still waiting for, but they decided to play it safe and shut him down regardless.
Scott Feldman is scheduled to take Feliz’s rotation spot and Texas will recall reliever Yoshinori Tateyama from Triple-A to fill his roster spot. And then the Rangers will hold their breath.
As a reliever last season Feliz spent time on the DL with a shoulder injury and also dealt with some shoulder problems this spring.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 4
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 20
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 7
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 5
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 80
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (80)