May 21, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s move from the bullpen to the rotation was off to a good start with a 3.32 ERA and 31/18 K/BB ratio in his first 38 innings.
However, he struggled to throw strikes Friday, handing out five walks and failing to make it out of the fifth inning, and today the Rangers placed him on the disabled list with an elbow injury.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz underwent an MRI exam, the results of which the Rangers are still waiting for, but they decided to play it safe and shut him down regardless.
Scott Feldman is scheduled to take Feliz’s rotation spot and Texas will recall reliever Yoshinori Tateyama from Triple-A to fill his roster spot. And then the Rangers will hold their breath.
As a reliever last season Feliz spent time on the DL with a shoulder injury and also dealt with some shoulder problems this spring.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)