May 21, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s move from the bullpen to the rotation was off to a good start with a 3.32 ERA and 31/18 K/BB ratio in his first 38 innings.
However, he struggled to throw strikes Friday, handing out five walks and failing to make it out of the fifth inning, and today the Rangers placed him on the disabled list with an elbow injury.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz underwent an MRI exam, the results of which the Rangers are still waiting for, but they decided to play it safe and shut him down regardless.
Scott Feldman is scheduled to take Feliz’s rotation spot and Texas will recall reliever Yoshinori Tateyama from Triple-A to fill his roster spot. And then the Rangers will hold their breath.
As a reliever last season Feliz spent time on the DL with a shoulder injury and also dealt with some shoulder problems this spring.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 10
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 124
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)