May 21, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s move from the bullpen to the rotation was off to a good start with a 3.32 ERA and 31/18 K/BB ratio in his first 38 innings.
However, he struggled to throw strikes Friday, handing out five walks and failing to make it out of the fifth inning, and today the Rangers placed him on the disabled list with an elbow injury.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz underwent an MRI exam, the results of which the Rangers are still waiting for, but they decided to play it safe and shut him down regardless.
Scott Feldman is scheduled to take Feliz’s rotation spot and Texas will recall reliever Yoshinori Tateyama from Triple-A to fill his roster spot. And then the Rangers will hold their breath.
As a reliever last season Feliz spent time on the DL with a shoulder injury and also dealt with some shoulder problems this spring.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)