May 21, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
Neftali Feliz‘s move from the bullpen to the rotation was off to a good start with a 3.32 ERA and 31/18 K/BB ratio in his first 38 innings.
However, he struggled to throw strikes Friday, handing out five walks and failing to make it out of the fifth inning, and today the Rangers placed him on the disabled list with an elbow injury.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz underwent an MRI exam, the results of which the Rangers are still waiting for, but they decided to play it safe and shut him down regardless.
Scott Feldman is scheduled to take Feliz’s rotation spot and Texas will recall reliever Yoshinori Tateyama from Triple-A to fill his roster spot. And then the Rangers will hold their breath.
As a reliever last season Feliz spent time on the DL with a shoulder injury and also dealt with some shoulder problems this spring.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)