HBT Extra: Strasburg and Beckett and Berkman, oh my

May 21, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT

Tiffany and I talk about a few of the larger items floating around MLB today. Oh, and I hock a fake loogie at her too.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. sasquash20 - May 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Craig you don’t look that gay, considering the rumors that are going around. I think it is good the president came out in support of your rights. Your a human being and deserve to be treated right.

• Kyle - May 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Yeah Craig, your a human bean.

2. cba456 - May 21, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I don’t give a whole lot of credence to the ‘Beckett is a cancer’ school of thought, but man, as a fan, it’s tough to root for him sometimes. Case in point: yesterday in the 7th, he ropes a ball off the center field wall. Only gets a single. Fine, he doesn’t want to go all out and get hurt on the bases. Next play, a ground ball to the right side. He jogs a third of the way to second, slows down to avoid the tag, and after the throw goes to first, slows down even more, and allows himself to get caught from behind by Mayberry. The video really has to be seen to be believed. This wasn’t a ‘jog, but don’t get hurt’ type of thing, it was quite literally the least effort i’ve ever seen anyone put into any activity on the basepaths. I’m not asking him to break up a double play, and I don’t want him to get hurt, but a pretense of effort would really be appreciated.

• cba456 - May 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

If one has the MLB package, go to 1 hr 53 min to see the video…

• petey1999 - May 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

“I’m not asking him to break up a double play, and I don’t want him to get hurt, but a pretense of effort would really be appreciated.”

So you just want him to “pretend” to break up the double play?

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3623)