May 21, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
There are a lot of ways for careers to end, but if Jesse Litsch‘s career ends this way, it will be simply awful.
Back in March, Litsch was shut down due to some shoulder soreness. During his down time, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection in the area of the pain. That got infected, however, and he had to have emergency surgery.
Two months later and the infection is still causing problems, to the point where Litsch said this morning that it has become “career threatening.”
Litsch has a 4.16 ERA in 88 career appearances, 67 of which were starts. Here’s hoping he gets more.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)