May 21, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
There are a lot of ways for careers to end, but if Jesse Litsch‘s career ends this way, it will be simply awful.
Back in March, Litsch was shut down due to some shoulder soreness. During his down time, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection in the area of the pain. That got infected, however, and he had to have emergency surgery.
Two months later and the infection is still causing problems, to the point where Litsch said this morning that it has become “career threatening.”
Litsch has a 4.16 ERA in 88 career appearances, 67 of which were starts. Here’s hoping he gets more.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)