May 21, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
There are a lot of ways for careers to end, but if Jesse Litsch‘s career ends this way, it will be simply awful.
Back in March, Litsch was shut down due to some shoulder soreness. During his down time, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection in the area of the pain. That got infected, however, and he had to have emergency surgery.
Two months later and the infection is still causing problems, to the point where Litsch said this morning that it has become “career threatening.”
Litsch has a 4.16 ERA in 88 career appearances, 67 of which were starts. Here’s hoping he gets more.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)