May 21, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
There are a lot of ways for careers to end, but if Jesse Litsch‘s career ends this way, it will be simply awful.
Back in March, Litsch was shut down due to some shoulder soreness. During his down time, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection in the area of the pain. That got infected, however, and he had to have emergency surgery.
Two months later and the infection is still causing problems, to the point where Litsch said this morning that it has become “career threatening.”
Litsch has a 4.16 ERA in 88 career appearances, 67 of which were starts. Here’s hoping he gets more.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)