May 21, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
There are a lot of ways for careers to end, but if Jesse Litsch‘s career ends this way, it will be simply awful.
Back in March, Litsch was shut down due to some shoulder soreness. During his down time, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection in the area of the pain. That got infected, however, and he had to have emergency surgery.
Two months later and the infection is still causing problems, to the point where Litsch said this morning that it has become “career threatening.”
Litsch has a 4.16 ERA in 88 career appearances, 67 of which were starts. Here’s hoping he gets more.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)