May 21, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ramirez went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his minors debut, which was supposed to be the first of 10 games played at Triple-A before returning from his 50-game suspension and joining the A’s.
Those plans may now be on hold, although so far the A’s haven’t said how long they expect Ramirez to miss with the wrist injury and it’s possible he could be back in Sacramento’s lineup tonight.
If the setback doesn’t alter his timetable then Ramirez is on schedule to make his A’s debut against the Twins on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (151)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)