May 21, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ramirez went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his minors debut, which was supposed to be the first of 10 games played at Triple-A before returning from his 50-game suspension and joining the A’s.
Those plans may now be on hold, although so far the A’s haven’t said how long they expect Ramirez to miss with the wrist injury and it’s possible he could be back in Sacramento’s lineup tonight.
If the setback doesn’t alter his timetable then Ramirez is on schedule to make his A’s debut against the Twins on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)