May 21, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Ramirez went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his minors debut, which was supposed to be the first of 10 games played at Triple-A before returning from his 50-game suspension and joining the A’s.
Those plans may now be on hold, although so far the A’s haven’t said how long they expect Ramirez to miss with the wrist injury and it’s possible he could be back in Sacramento’s lineup tonight.
If the setback doesn’t alter his timetable then Ramirez is on schedule to make his A’s debut against the Twins on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 41
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 32
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)