May 21, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ramirez went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his minors debut, which was supposed to be the first of 10 games played at Triple-A before returning from his 50-game suspension and joining the A’s.
Those plans may now be on hold, although so far the A’s haven’t said how long they expect Ramirez to miss with the wrist injury and it’s possible he could be back in Sacramento’s lineup tonight.
If the setback doesn’t alter his timetable then Ramirez is on schedule to make his A’s debut against the Twins on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)