May 21, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ramirez went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in his minors debut, which was supposed to be the first of 10 games played at Triple-A before returning from his 50-game suspension and joining the A’s.
Those plans may now be on hold, although so far the A’s haven’t said how long they expect Ramirez to miss with the wrist injury and it’s possible he could be back in Sacramento’s lineup tonight.
If the setback doesn’t alter his timetable then Ramirez is on schedule to make his A’s debut against the Twins on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)