May 21, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
I haven’t been following too closely, but I’m pretty sure Mark Teixeira has 19th-century-style consumption. Like, he was coughing blood into a frilly handkerchief when it was discovered by his chambermaid who ran down the hall exclaiming “the master has taken ill!”
But seriously, whatever has caused his inflamed airways, it’s been bad and has caused him to miss several games. He’s back in the lineup tonight, however. Hitting seventh which, while something he hasn’t done for a while, is more befitting his recent production.
Of course there’s a pretty decent chance that tonight’s game is going to see some serious rain, so it may not happen. It’s the thought that counts, though.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)