May 21, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
I haven’t been following too closely, but I’m pretty sure Mark Teixeira has 19th-century-style consumption. Like, he was coughing blood into a frilly handkerchief when it was discovered by his chambermaid who ran down the hall exclaiming “the master has taken ill!”
But seriously, whatever has caused his inflamed airways, it’s been bad and has caused him to miss several games. He’s back in the lineup tonight, however. Hitting seventh which, while something he hasn’t done for a while, is more befitting his recent production.
Of course there’s a pretty decent chance that tonight’s game is going to see some serious rain, so it may not happen. It’s the thought that counts, though.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11