May 21, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
The past couple of years MLB has put their players in white caps with red white and blue logos on them for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and September 11th. This year they’re doing something different: normally-colored caps, but the logo has a camouflage logo in it.
Of course, aesthetics aren’t the most important thing here. All net proceeds of the caps go to the Welcome Back Veterans Fund, which addresses the needs of returning veterans and their families.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 0
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 3
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)