May 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Dylan Bundy’s scoreless-innings streak was snapped earlier this month when he allowed an unearned run, but the 19-year-old Orioles phenom still hasn’t coughed up an earned run as a pro.
Bundy extended that streak yesterday at low Single-A, tossing five shutout innings while allowing just one hit and zero walks.
Overall this season the No. 4 pick in last year’s draft has thrown 30 innings with a 0.00 ERA and 40/2 K/BB ratio while allowing five hits. Seriously.
Opponents are “hitting” .053 off him and he’s whiffed 40 of the 99 batters he’s faced.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)