May 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Dylan Bundy’s scoreless-innings streak was snapped earlier this month when he allowed an unearned run, but the 19-year-old Orioles phenom still hasn’t coughed up an earned run as a pro.
Bundy extended that streak yesterday at low Single-A, tossing five shutout innings while allowing just one hit and zero walks.
Overall this season the No. 4 pick in last year’s draft has thrown 30 innings with a 0.00 ERA and 40/2 K/BB ratio while allowing five hits. Seriously.
Opponents are “hitting” .053 off him and he’s whiffed 40 of the 99 batters he’s faced.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 20
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 5
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 63
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games