May 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Dylan Bundy’s scoreless-innings streak was snapped earlier this month when he allowed an unearned run, but the 19-year-old Orioles phenom still hasn’t coughed up an earned run as a pro.
Bundy extended that streak yesterday at low Single-A, tossing five shutout innings while allowing just one hit and zero walks.
Overall this season the No. 4 pick in last year’s draft has thrown 30 innings with a 0.00 ERA and 40/2 K/BB ratio while allowing five hits. Seriously.
Opponents are “hitting” .053 off him and he’s whiffed 40 of the 99 batters he’s faced.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)