May 21, 2012, 2:04 PM EST
Missed this over the weekend, but Pat the Bat said goodbye to Philadelphia on Saturday, throwing out the first pitch a day after officially retiring.
CSNPhilly.com has a nice story about his farewell. Burrell was clearly appreciative of the honor. And even got misty when he saw the granddaughters of the late John Vukovich there to greet him. And the reception from the fans was warm too. I bet even these guys cheered for him.
- Report: Starlin Castro arrested in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 1
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)