May 21, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
Missed this over the weekend, but Pat the Bat said goodbye to Philadelphia on Saturday, throwing out the first pitch a day after officially retiring.
CSNPhilly.com has a nice story about his farewell. Burrell was clearly appreciative of the honor. And even got misty when he saw the granddaughters of the late John Vukovich there to greet him. And the reception from the fans was warm too. I bet even these guys cheered for him.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)