May 22, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
Rivera is on blood thinners for the blood clot in his right calf, preventing doctors from repairing his ACL at the moment. It still could be a couple of months until the surgery, which could put his availability for the beginning of next spring in question. Fortunately, Rivera has never needed to get many innings in during March in order to get ready for the season.
In the meantime, Rivera is walking around without crutches. He is doing leg strengthening exercises as he prepares for the eventual surgery.
Rivera suffered a torn ACL on May 3 while shagging flyballs in the outfield prior to a game.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)