May 22, 2012, 6:37 PM EST
Rivera is on blood thinners for the blood clot in his right calf, preventing doctors from repairing his ACL at the moment. It still could be a couple of months until the surgery, which could put his availability for the beginning of next spring in question. Fortunately, Rivera has never needed to get many innings in during March in order to get ready for the season.
In the meantime, Rivera is walking around without crutches. He is doing leg strengthening exercises as he prepares for the eventual surgery.
Rivera suffered a torn ACL on May 3 while shagging flyballs in the outfield prior to a game.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 0
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 340
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (340)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)