May 22, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
Rivera is on blood thinners for the blood clot in his right calf, preventing doctors from repairing his ACL at the moment. It still could be a couple of months until the surgery, which could put his availability for the beginning of next spring in question. Fortunately, Rivera has never needed to get many innings in during March in order to get ready for the season.
In the meantime, Rivera is walking around without crutches. He is doing leg strengthening exercises as he prepares for the eventual surgery.
Rivera suffered a torn ACL on May 3 while shagging flyballs in the outfield prior to a game.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)