May 22, 2012, 6:02 PM EST
Federal weapons charges have been filed against the two men accused of putting Giants fan Bryan Stow in a coma last year.
The criminal complaint filed Monday against Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood charges both with being a felon in possession of firearms. If convicted, they each face up to 10 years in federal prison. Several weapons were recovered from Norwood’s home and authorities believe he was hiding them for Sanchez.
The men are due back in court on the charges next week. A trial date for the assault charges versus Stow has yet to be scheduled. Stow is currently in a rehab facility getting full-time assistance.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)