May 22, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Man, sometimes it’s like people don’t want to throw chum in the water and make life easy for hater bloggers like me. From Brookover’s latest:
Harper also showed some reverence toward the city and also displayed a keen sense of Philadelphia’s sports history by naming some old-time stars. He named this city as one of the places he was most looking forward to play.
“Definitely, coming in here and playing the Phillies who have been a great team and coming into a place that has a lot of history and a great organization,” Harper said. “You’re playing in a place where Mike Schmidt and guys like that played. It’s going to be a lot of fun in here. They have a great fan base and we’re going to come in here and try to prove some people wrong.”
That quote came before the fans (somewhat inexplicably) booed him every time he came to the plate last night. The fans obviously couldn’t have read his words beforehand, of course. I do wonder, however, if the tune will soon change given words like these and given the fact that, based on is demeanor and his performances against the Phillies so far, he has done nothing to earn the jeers.
(hat tip to ‘Cepts, who shall remain in commenter exile but, having been struck down by me, has become more powerful than I ever realized).
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)