Great Moments in Livan Hernandez

May 22, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT

If you miss a groundball coming your way, Livan Hernandez WILL throw sunflower seeds at you. And he doesn’t care how old you are.

And you know it’s serious if Livan is gonna part with food.

1. vallewho - May 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM

If that was all that he was eating…

2. zakharovsa - May 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM

POLL: Which of the the following best describes Livan?

a) Fat as hell
    b) Morbidly obese
    c) Rotund
    d) Rubenesque
    e) Blubbery

• harrysatchel - May 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I am partial to Rubenesque. That body wasn’t built for speed, it was built for comfort.

• kiwicricket - May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Nothing about that body seems comfortable.

• b7p19 - May 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It would be fun if we could actually do polls on here. Or if Craig would do rediculous polls from time to time. Polls add at least 3 seconds of fun to my day. That would take my total fun time at work up to 9 seconds.

• hiltonandastoria - May 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM

they do polls on the hockey side using poll daddy or something or other

• stlouis1baseball - May 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I am choosing (c). He is quite “rotund.”

3. El Bravo - May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Poll? Polls are easy so long as you only have two choices b/c we do have the thumbs up/down thingy.

Here you go.

El Bravo’s Poll of the Day:

Which is better?
    Thumbs Up = PIE
    Thumbs Down = CAKE

And let the voting begin….

4. El Bravo - May 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I heart Livan. That’s what you call a team leader who is leading by example.

5. hiltonandastoria - May 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

In olden days people brought rotten fruit and vegetables to throw at people who fail in their performance. Food they were never going to eat anyway

In 2012 Livan brings sunflower seeds
    Don’t doubt he has pallet of chocolate covered pretzels and a hammock of cake near him at all times

6. djpostl - May 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Damn, thought it was going to be about that Olympic Pool sized strike zone Eric Gregg gave him the 1997 NLCS

• willsolo - May 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I’m guessing this is Craig posting as a different alias or it’s one of his family members.

• djpostl - May 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Rofl, does Craig have some “issue” with that game? I’m guessing yes.

I was stationed overseas and watched that game on AFN. Was the worst umpiring I had ever seen (not including Leslie Nielson from the Naked Gun)

7. hushbrother - May 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Part of the fun of baseball is hating certain players. That’d be a good poll: name your least favorite player, active and all-time.

My least favorites: active, Raul Ibanez; all-time, a tie between Jeff Reardon and Deion Sanders.

8. voteforno6 - May 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Livan is surprisingly athletic for someone of his body type. I think my favorite Livo moment was a couple of years ago when he called the home run off of Jair Jurrgens.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5582)