May 22, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins is a daddy now. His wife gave birth to their first baby on Sunday. Congrats, Jimmy! And say goodbye to sleeping late, ever. On the bright side, when your daughter is eight years-old she will constantly tell you how lame you are and ask you what life was like in “the olden days.” Indeed, that look he has on his face in the pic to the right is the same look he’ll have on his face every single time his daughter says stuff that makes him feel older than hell.
Baseball, being more enlightened than, say, coal mines and law firms, has paternity leave. Rollins was granted it, which gives a player up to 72 hours away from the team. Catcher Erik Kratz has been recalled from Lehigh Valley for the time being. Since it’ll be a short stay, I hope Kratz can pocket as many of those free candy bars they have laying around the big league clubhouses while he can.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 85
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)