May 22, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins is a daddy now. His wife gave birth to their first baby on Sunday. Congrats, Jimmy! And say goodbye to sleeping late, ever. On the bright side, when your daughter is eight years-old she will constantly tell you how lame you are and ask you what life was like in “the olden days.” Indeed, that look he has on his face in the pic to the right is the same look he’ll have on his face every single time his daughter says stuff that makes him feel older than hell.
Baseball, being more enlightened than, say, coal mines and law firms, has paternity leave. Rollins was granted it, which gives a player up to 72 hours away from the team. Catcher Erik Kratz has been recalled from Lehigh Valley for the time being. Since it’ll be a short stay, I hope Kratz can pocket as many of those free candy bars they have laying around the big league clubhouses while he can.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?