May 22, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Before that happens he’ll need to avoid a setback while on a brief minor-league rehab assignment, which likely won’t begin until next weekend. And if all goes well he’d be back in the Dodgers’ lineup next Tuesday against the Brewers at Dodger Stadium.
So far the Dodgers have gone 6-2 without Kemp, which is remarkable considering how much of their offense came from the slugging center fielder before the injury. Also remarkable is that Kemp hasn’t played since May 13 and yet still ranks second in homers, third in runs, and fifth in total bases among all NL hitters despite missing 20 percent of the season.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (86)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)