May 22, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
I subscribe to nearly 50 podcasts (seriously) and Jesse Thorn is personally responsible for two of my favorites and partially responsible for several other must-listen shows on his Maximum Fun network.
One of his podcasts is a long-form interview show called “Bullseye” and this week’s guest is none other than Mets knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who discusses his new memoir and unique journey to big-league success.
I listen to every episode of “Bullseye” and baseball fans should definitely check this one out:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)