May 22, 2012, 4:54 PM EST
UPDATE: Good news for the Brewers, as Braun feels healthy enough to be back in the lineup tonight.
Ryan Braun had his fourth straight multi-hit game last night, going 2-for-5 with a homer in an extra-inning loss to the Giants, but exited in the 10th inning with a groin injury.
Asked afterward about his status, Braun wasn’t sure if he’d have to miss any starts and replied: “We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”
Braub also told Jordan Schelling of MLB.com that this groin injury is similar to one he dealt with during spring training, except “it’s not as bad as it was then, so it’s not too serious.” He also missed one start earlier this month with a sore Achilles’ tendon, but has played 40 of a possible 42 games while hitting .333 with 12 homers and a 1.049 OPS that tops his MVP-winning .994 mark from last season.
Not bad for a guy who at one point was banned from playing the first 50 games.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)