May 22, 2012, 4:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Brewers, as Braun feels healthy enough to be back in the lineup tonight.
Ryan Braun had his fourth straight multi-hit game last night, going 2-for-5 with a homer in an extra-inning loss to the Giants, but exited in the 10th inning with a groin injury.
Asked afterward about his status, Braun wasn’t sure if he’d have to miss any starts and replied: “We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”
Braub also told Jordan Schelling of MLB.com that this groin injury is similar to one he dealt with during spring training, except “it’s not as bad as it was then, so it’s not too serious.” He also missed one start earlier this month with a sore Achilles’ tendon, but has played 40 of a possible 42 games while hitting .333 with 12 homers and a 1.049 OPS that tops his MVP-winning .994 mark from last season.
Not bad for a guy who at one point was banned from playing the first 50 games.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)