May 22, 2012, 4:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Brewers, as Braun feels healthy enough to be back in the lineup tonight.
Ryan Braun had his fourth straight multi-hit game last night, going 2-for-5 with a homer in an extra-inning loss to the Giants, but exited in the 10th inning with a groin injury.
Asked afterward about his status, Braun wasn’t sure if he’d have to miss any starts and replied: “We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”
Braub also told Jordan Schelling of MLB.com that this groin injury is similar to one he dealt with during spring training, except “it’s not as bad as it was then, so it’s not too serious.” He also missed one start earlier this month with a sore Achilles’ tendon, but has played 40 of a possible 42 games while hitting .333 with 12 homers and a 1.049 OPS that tops his MVP-winning .994 mark from last season.
Not bad for a guy who at one point was banned from playing the first 50 games.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)