May 22, 2012, 4:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Brewers, as Braun feels healthy enough to be back in the lineup tonight.
Ryan Braun had his fourth straight multi-hit game last night, going 2-for-5 with a homer in an extra-inning loss to the Giants, but exited in the 10th inning with a groin injury.
Asked afterward about his status, Braun wasn’t sure if he’d have to miss any starts and replied: “We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”
Braub also told Jordan Schelling of MLB.com that this groin injury is similar to one he dealt with during spring training, except “it’s not as bad as it was then, so it’s not too serious.” He also missed one start earlier this month with a sore Achilles’ tendon, but has played 40 of a possible 42 games while hitting .333 with 12 homers and a 1.049 OPS that tops his MVP-winning .994 mark from last season.
Not bad for a guy who at one point was banned from playing the first 50 games.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29