May 22, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Danny Worth, who was just demoted to Triple-A last week, has been recalled to take Raburn’s spot on the roster. By rule Raburn can stay on the bereavement list for as long as seven games.
After three seasons as a quasi-regular for the Tigers in which he hit .274 with 45 homers and an .802 OPS in 347 games Raburn has gotten off to a horrendous start this year, hitting .144 with one homer and a .429 OPS in 34 games split between second base and the outfield.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)