May 22, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Danny Worth, who was just demoted to Triple-A last week, has been recalled to take Raburn’s spot on the roster. By rule Raburn can stay on the bereavement list for as long as seven games.
After three seasons as a quasi-regular for the Tigers in which he hit .274 with 45 homers and an .802 OPS in 347 games Raburn has gotten off to a horrendous start this year, hitting .144 with one homer and a .429 OPS in 34 games split between second base and the outfield.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)