May 22, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Danny Worth, who was just demoted to Triple-A last week, has been recalled to take Raburn’s spot on the roster. By rule Raburn can stay on the bereavement list for as long as seven games.
After three seasons as a quasi-regular for the Tigers in which he hit .274 with 45 homers and an .802 OPS in 347 games Raburn has gotten off to a horrendous start this year, hitting .144 with one homer and a .429 OPS in 34 games split between second base and the outfield.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)