May 22, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Danny Worth, who was just demoted to Triple-A last week, has been recalled to take Raburn’s spot on the roster. By rule Raburn can stay on the bereavement list for as long as seven games.
After three seasons as a quasi-regular for the Tigers in which he hit .274 with 45 homers and an .802 OPS in 347 games Raburn has gotten off to a horrendous start this year, hitting .144 with one homer and a .429 OPS in 34 games split between second base and the outfield.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)