May 22, 2012, 6:57 PM EST
The spokesman said Zimmerman might be available to pinch-hit. Chad Tracy is starting at third base in his place.
Zimmerman’s absence bodes well for Roy Halladay to continue his dominance of the Nationals. He’s 11-0 with a 2.09 ERA against the franchise since last losing to the Expos on June 28, 2002.
CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman points out that the Nationals used the “manager’s decision” term once before this season when they scratched Jayson Werth due to what was eventually revealed to be a migraine headache.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)