May 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been nearly three weeks since Sergio Santos guessed that he was about two weeks from coming off the disabled list, but the Blue Jays’ closer hasn’t made a ton of progress with his shoulder injury since then.
In fact, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Santos has yet to throw off a mound and speculates that he will be “out for at least the next three weeks.”
Santos, who’s been out since April 21, explained that the up-and-down nature of his recovery process has been “a little frustrating” but added that he’s finally feeling significant improvement.
Veteran closer Francisco Cordero was a flop filling in for Santos, but Casey Janssen has converted all three of his save chances and thrown five straight scoreless innings since taking over for Cordero.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)