May 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been nearly three weeks since Sergio Santos guessed that he was about two weeks from coming off the disabled list, but the Blue Jays’ closer hasn’t made a ton of progress with his shoulder injury since then.
In fact, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Santos has yet to throw off a mound and speculates that he will be “out for at least the next three weeks.”
Santos, who’s been out since April 21, explained that the up-and-down nature of his recovery process has been “a little frustrating” but added that he’s finally feeling significant improvement.
Veteran closer Francisco Cordero was a flop filling in for Santos, but Casey Janssen has converted all three of his save chances and thrown five straight scoreless innings since taking over for Cordero.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)