May 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
It’s been nearly three weeks since Sergio Santos guessed that he was about two weeks from coming off the disabled list, but the Blue Jays’ closer hasn’t made a ton of progress with his shoulder injury since then.
In fact, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Santos has yet to throw off a mound and speculates that he will be “out for at least the next three weeks.”
Santos, who’s been out since April 21, explained that the up-and-down nature of his recovery process has been “a little frustrating” but added that he’s finally feeling significant improvement.
Veteran closer Francisco Cordero was a flop filling in for Santos, but Casey Janssen has converted all three of his save chances and thrown five straight scoreless innings since taking over for Cordero.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 40
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 21
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)