May 22, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
Britton has been out since the end of spring training with shoulder soreness that dates back to late last season. He’s been making appearances in extended spring training games for the past few weeks in Sarasota, Florida and has reported no renewed discomfort.
Britton, 24, registered a 4.61 ERA and 1.45 WHIP in 154 1/3 innings (28 starts) last year for the Orioles. If he’s ready to take a step forward, the sophomore southpaw could be a real asset to first-place Baltimore.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 0
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 33
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)