May 22, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Britton has been out since the end of spring training with shoulder soreness that dates back to late last season. He’s been making appearances in extended spring training games for the past few weeks in Sarasota, Florida and has reported no renewed discomfort.
Britton, 24, registered a 4.61 ERA and 1.45 WHIP in 154 1/3 innings (28 starts) last year for the Orioles. If he’s ready to take a step forward, the sophomore southpaw could be a real asset to first-place Baltimore.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)