May 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Bobby Valentine was on WEEI in Boston this morning and said that he plans to start Adrian Gonzalez in right field again today with Kevin Youkilis covering first. That will mark Gonzalez’s fourth game in right this year.
Obviously not ideal, but given that the lifespan of a Red Sox outfielder this year is shorter than that of a Spinal Tap drummer, it’s making the best of a bad situation. Thank God for Will Middlebrooks, no?
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)