May 23, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
Good news here for the hobbled Cardinals.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Allen Craig tested his strained left hamstring Wednesday with “some running” and is planning to take batting practice on the field before Thursday’s series-opener against the Phillies.
Craig has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 17 and is eligible to be activated on June 1.
The 27-year-old first baseman and corner outfielder is batting .373/.424/.765 with five home runs, five doubles and 19 RBI in just 59 plate appearances this season. St. Louis currently has a half-game lead over the Reds in the National League Central standings.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)