May 23, 2012, 1:57 AM EDT
A lot has changed with the first-place Dodgers (who won their sixth straight game on Tuesday night) since then, and Ethier apparently isn’t in any hurry to go anywhere. My how things change.
Ethier told Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he was not going to set a deadline on contract talks with the Dodgers, even as the season progresses and free agency draws near.
“We’ll take a look at whatever they bring to us,” Ethier said. “I don’t look at it any other way. I’m not going to sit here and play what-ifs and what-nots.”
Ethier said the team has yet to make a formal offer, but Shaikin reports that Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has already discussed the idea of re-signing Ethier with team president Stan Kasten.
Ethier is hitting .314 with nine home runs and a .950 OPS so far this season. The right fielder is a two-time All-Star and won a Gold Glove in 2012.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)