May 23, 2012, 1:57 AM EST
A lot has changed with the first-place Dodgers (who won their sixth straight game on Tuesday night) since then, and Ethier apparently isn’t in any hurry to go anywhere. My how things change.
Ethier told Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he was not going to set a deadline on contract talks with the Dodgers, even as the season progresses and free agency draws near.
“We’ll take a look at whatever they bring to us,” Ethier said. “I don’t look at it any other way. I’m not going to sit here and play what-ifs and what-nots.”
Ethier said the team has yet to make a formal offer, but Shaikin reports that Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has already discussed the idea of re-signing Ethier with team president Stan Kasten.
Ethier is hitting .314 with nine home runs and a .950 OPS so far this season. The right fielder is a two-time All-Star and won a Gold Glove in 2012.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)