Because you want to see James Loney’s engagement photos

May 23, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT

James Loney AP

Vin Scully is my Homeboy has James Loney’s engagement photos. He’s so handsome. And my god look at the size of the friggin’ rock he bought his fiancee.

Other Dodgers who are going to get married gotta be mad at him for setting the bar that high. Dee Gordon is probably looking at that and saying “dude, I make the league minimum, you’re really making me look bad in front of my girlfriend.”

Yeah, fluff. Whatever. But as something of a voyeur, I find it kinda interesting to see baseball players in non-baseball settings.  I think MLB Network should do a “Cribs”-style show for ballplayers only.  I’d watch the hell out of that.

1. El Bravo - May 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Speaking of, when does that Showtime show begin about the FEEEEESH?

2. WhenMattStairsIsKing - May 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Congrats, James. Good to know you found somone so you won’t have to be Loney anymore.

• heyblueyoustink - May 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM

So Loney, So Loney, So Loooneeyyyyy ?

• napoleonblownapart6887 - May 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Some of the best jokes find their punch in their brevity and simplicity. Well done sir – I award you 20 internet dollars.

3. dodger88 - May 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Oh crap, if he can afford a nice rock then Coletti must have already whispered long term contract in his ear.

Baseball frustration and kidding aside, good for him. He plays such good defense and has a great looking swing I am always surprised he has never broken out in a big way. I think getting out of Dodger stadium will do wonders for him. For his career, he has put up some great numbers in Arizona and Colorado.

4. mississippimusicman - May 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

SportSouth does a series called “At Home With…” that’s similar to “Cribs” with the Braves. Tim Hudson’s cabin is awesome.

5. lampdwellr - May 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM

His fiance is real purty.

• wendell7 - May 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

He out-kicked his coverage

6. phillyphan83 - May 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

And real men everywhere let out a collective “really Craig?”

7. cosanostra71 - May 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

photos have been taken down.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate