May 23, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie freaked out at an umpire last week and threw his helmet. Last night, his rampage against the men in blue continued unabated:
First base umpire Andy Fletcher briefly left Tuesday night’s game between Toronto and Tampa Bay after being hit by a batted ball. Fletcher appeared to get struck on the left arm behind the bag by Brett Lawrie’s foul liner with two outs in the Toronto fourth inning.
After being checked by Tampa Bay trainers, Fletcher walked off the field for further examination. Fletcher returned to the field in the fifth inning.
We’re watching you, Lawrie. There are no accidents. That wise old turtle in “Kung Fu Panda” said so.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)