May 23, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
Brett Lawrie freaked out at an umpire last week and threw his helmet. Last night, his rampage against the men in blue continued unabated:
First base umpire Andy Fletcher briefly left Tuesday night’s game between Toronto and Tampa Bay after being hit by a batted ball. Fletcher appeared to get struck on the left arm behind the bag by Brett Lawrie’s foul liner with two outs in the Toronto fourth inning.
After being checked by Tampa Bay trainers, Fletcher walked off the field for further examination. Fletcher returned to the field in the fifth inning.
We’re watching you, Lawrie. There are no accidents. That wise old turtle in “Kung Fu Panda” said so.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (110)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)