May 23, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie freaked out at an umpire last week and threw his helmet. Last night, his rampage against the men in blue continued unabated:
First base umpire Andy Fletcher briefly left Tuesday night’s game between Toronto and Tampa Bay after being hit by a batted ball. Fletcher appeared to get struck on the left arm behind the bag by Brett Lawrie’s foul liner with two outs in the Toronto fourth inning.
After being checked by Tampa Bay trainers, Fletcher walked off the field for further examination. Fletcher returned to the field in the fifth inning.
We’re watching you, Lawrie. There are no accidents. That wise old turtle in “Kung Fu Panda” said so.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11