May 23, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie freaked out at an umpire last week and threw his helmet. Last night, his rampage against the men in blue continued unabated:
First base umpire Andy Fletcher briefly left Tuesday night’s game between Toronto and Tampa Bay after being hit by a batted ball. Fletcher appeared to get struck on the left arm behind the bag by Brett Lawrie’s foul liner with two outs in the Toronto fourth inning.
After being checked by Tampa Bay trainers, Fletcher walked off the field for further examination. Fletcher returned to the field in the fifth inning.
We’re watching you, Lawrie. There are no accidents. That wise old turtle in “Kung Fu Panda” said so.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)