May 23, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
He also scored a run and recorded two defensive assists at second base in the first chapter of what’s sure to be a long minor league rehab assignment.
Roberts hasn’t appeared in a major league game since the middle of May last season and is no lock to make it through the rehabilitation process this time around without experiencing a setback. But everything seems to be going smoothly at this point for the 34-year-old lifetime member of the Orioles and his post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts, who boasts three seasons of 50 doubles or more, is currently on pace for a mid-to-late June return.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 11
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)