May 23, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
He also scored a run and recorded two defensive assists at second base in the first chapter of what’s sure to be a long minor league rehab assignment.
Roberts hasn’t appeared in a major league game since the middle of May last season and is no lock to make it through the rehabilitation process this time around without experiencing a setback. But everything seems to be going smoothly at this point for the 34-year-old lifetime member of the Orioles and his post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts, who boasts three seasons of 50 doubles or more, is currently on pace for a mid-to-late June return.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 68
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 37
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)