May 23, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
He also scored a run and recorded two defensive assists at second base in the first chapter of what’s sure to be a long minor league rehab assignment.
Roberts hasn’t appeared in a major league game since the middle of May last season and is no lock to make it through the rehabilitation process this time around without experiencing a setback. But everything seems to be going smoothly at this point for the 34-year-old lifetime member of the Orioles and his post-concussion syndrome.
Roberts, who boasts three seasons of 50 doubles or more, is currently on pace for a mid-to-late June return.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 8
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 61
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)