May 23, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
While speaking at a “sport and society conference” in Wisconsin today MLB commissioner Bud Selig said that he doesn’t believe additional video replay is needed beyond the current system.
In explaining that opinion Selig said: “I’ve had very, very little pressure from people who want to do more.”
I’m not sure who Selig has been talking to, but clearly it isn’t the average fan. Spending one night on Twitter reading the reactions to various blown calls around baseball might give him a much different perception of the issue.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)