May 23, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
While speaking at a “sport and society conference” in Wisconsin today MLB commissioner Bud Selig said that he doesn’t believe additional video replay is needed beyond the current system.
In explaining that opinion Selig said: “I’ve had very, very little pressure from people who want to do more.”
I’m not sure who Selig has been talking to, but clearly it isn’t the average fan. Spending one night on Twitter reading the reactions to various blown calls around baseball might give him a much different perception of the issue.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona