May 23, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
While speaking at a “sport and society conference” in Wisconsin today MLB commissioner Bud Selig said that he doesn’t believe additional video replay is needed beyond the current system.
In explaining that opinion Selig said: “I’ve had very, very little pressure from people who want to do more.”
I’m not sure who Selig has been talking to, but clearly it isn’t the average fan. Spending one night on Twitter reading the reactions to various blown calls around baseball might give him a much different perception of the issue.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (103)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (85)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)