May 23, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
It was noted yesterday that a first baseman batting leadoff is unusual. But it worked for Carlos Pena and the Rays last night — dude hit a homer — so Joe Maddon is going to put Pena in the leadoff spot again.
Crazy, I know. But not nearly as crazy as (a) Drew Sutton batting cleanup; and (b) the fact that every Rays player has a superhero nickname:
Will Rhymes, I know Batman. I admire Batman. Batman is a friend of mine. Mr. Rhymes, you’re no Batman.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)