HBT’s official MLB Fan Cave dweller needs your help

May 23, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT

lindsay and mauer hair AP

Back in February we endorsed Lindsay Guentzel as our favorite MLB Fan Cave candidate and asked HBT nation to help vote her in. It worked, as she was selected from 22,000 entrants and 50 finalists.

She’s been living in New York all season and stuff like “touch Joe Mauer‘s hair” has become a daily occurrence, but now the MLB Fan Cave is voting out residents, Survivor-style, and Lindsay needs some more help sticking around.

Click here to cast another vote for Lindsay, if only because that’s the most emotion Joe Mauer has shown in a decade and MLB needs more, not fewer, baseball-loving women in its life.

1. Stacey - May 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hopefully if she stays they’ll have her talk about more than hair and clothes.

• El Bravo - May 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Haven’t watched this stuff at all. Are those really the topics that the female dwellers deal with?

• Stacey - May 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I’ve seen a couple of things with the female dwellers and yes, hair and fashion were what they were debating. As a fellow female who loves and writes about baseball, it really annoyed me to see that.

Maybe the Fan Cave should have them debate about, oh, I don’t know, actual baseball topics perhaps? That’s why they’re there. They’re not there to touch Joe Mauer’s hair.

• chadjones27 - May 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hey now, any time you get the opportunity to touch Joe Mauer’s hair, you take it

• El Bravo - May 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Agreed. That’s dumb. I disagree about Mauer though. His hair is very important to America’s favorite past time.

• card0109 - May 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I’m right there with you. I haven’t watched any of these MLB FanCave broadcasts, but there are women out there that can talk intelligently about baseball. I trust that Lindsey is one.

2. hansob - May 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I hope she was gentle. I don’t want to see Mauer on the DL with bi-folical scalp weakness.

• El Bravo - May 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM

HAHAHA!

• wendell7 - May 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Well played, Mauer. Well played…..

3. phillyphan83 - May 23, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Have you ever actually gone to an MLB game Aaron??? I know Philly is not the only ballpark that is teeming with smoking hot college chicks at every home game. Wake up and smell the pheromones, there all over the ballpark!

Giants, Royals took unique paths to WS