May 23, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: Berkman’s surgery is set for tomorrow morning, says Strauss.
Lance Berkman told Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch that he’ll undergo knee surgery either tomorrow or Friday, but rather than have the operation in Colorado as expected he’ll instead go under the knife in Houston.
Berkman still lives in Houston after spending a dozen years with the Astros and explained: “I just thought it made sense to have everything happen here if possible.”
Berkman and the Cardinals have disagreed about the extent of the damage to his ACL, so there won’t be an official recovery timetable until the surgeon gets a closer look. At the very least he has a torn meniscus and ACL stretching, and the best-case scenario would likely involve a return in 6-8 weeks.
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 0
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury