May 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
If this sort of thing keeps up Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce is gonna go out of business. And if they don’t have jobs, they might turn to drink and other bad behavior!
On Monday night at Miller Park, the Brewers played the Giants in a 14-inning game that lasted 4 hours 34 minutes. San Francisco won, 4-3. It must have seemed a lot longer than that to the Fox Sports Wisconsin crew that handled the game because between innings three and 13, there were no commercials. The telecast went from about 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. without them … In the St. Louis market, the Padres at Cardinals broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest had to take the Fox Sports San Diego feed, so Cardinals fans heard Padres announcer Dick Enberg call the game, also commercial free.
Seems there was some sort of technical problem at a Fox which prevented the regional cable outlets from going to commercials.
They did some random segments and things. But really, to make some extra money they should have done live voice-over commercials like they did in old time radio and in the early days of television. Like, Dick Enberg spends the time between innings talking about the “rich tobacco flavor” of Chesterfields or something.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)