May 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
If this sort of thing keeps up Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce is gonna go out of business. And if they don’t have jobs, they might turn to drink and other bad behavior!
On Monday night at Miller Park, the Brewers played the Giants in a 14-inning game that lasted 4 hours 34 minutes. San Francisco won, 4-3. It must have seemed a lot longer than that to the Fox Sports Wisconsin crew that handled the game because between innings three and 13, there were no commercials. The telecast went from about 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. without them … In the St. Louis market, the Padres at Cardinals broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest had to take the Fox Sports San Diego feed, so Cardinals fans heard Padres announcer Dick Enberg call the game, also commercial free.
Seems there was some sort of technical problem at a Fox which prevented the regional cable outlets from going to commercials.
They did some random segments and things. But really, to make some extra money they should have done live voice-over commercials like they did in old time radio and in the early days of television. Like, Dick Enberg spends the time between innings talking about the “rich tobacco flavor” of Chesterfields or something.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 32
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL