May 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
If this sort of thing keeps up Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce is gonna go out of business. And if they don’t have jobs, they might turn to drink and other bad behavior!
On Monday night at Miller Park, the Brewers played the Giants in a 14-inning game that lasted 4 hours 34 minutes. San Francisco won, 4-3. It must have seemed a lot longer than that to the Fox Sports Wisconsin crew that handled the game because between innings three and 13, there were no commercials. The telecast went from about 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. without them … In the St. Louis market, the Padres at Cardinals broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest had to take the Fox Sports San Diego feed, so Cardinals fans heard Padres announcer Dick Enberg call the game, also commercial free.
Seems there was some sort of technical problem at a Fox which prevented the regional cable outlets from going to commercials.
They did some random segments and things. But really, to make some extra money they should have done live voice-over commercials like they did in old time radio and in the early days of television. Like, Dick Enberg spends the time between innings talking about the “rich tobacco flavor” of Chesterfields or something.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)