May 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
If this sort of thing keeps up Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce is gonna go out of business. And if they don’t have jobs, they might turn to drink and other bad behavior!
On Monday night at Miller Park, the Brewers played the Giants in a 14-inning game that lasted 4 hours 34 minutes. San Francisco won, 4-3. It must have seemed a lot longer than that to the Fox Sports Wisconsin crew that handled the game because between innings three and 13, there were no commercials. The telecast went from about 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. without them … In the St. Louis market, the Padres at Cardinals broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest had to take the Fox Sports San Diego feed, so Cardinals fans heard Padres announcer Dick Enberg call the game, also commercial free.
Seems there was some sort of technical problem at a Fox which prevented the regional cable outlets from going to commercials.
They did some random segments and things. But really, to make some extra money they should have done live voice-over commercials like they did in old time radio and in the early days of television. Like, Dick Enberg spends the time between innings talking about the “rich tobacco flavor” of Chesterfields or something.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)