May 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
If this sort of thing keeps up Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce is gonna go out of business. And if they don’t have jobs, they might turn to drink and other bad behavior!
On Monday night at Miller Park, the Brewers played the Giants in a 14-inning game that lasted 4 hours 34 minutes. San Francisco won, 4-3. It must have seemed a lot longer than that to the Fox Sports Wisconsin crew that handled the game because between innings three and 13, there were no commercials. The telecast went from about 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. without them … In the St. Louis market, the Padres at Cardinals broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest had to take the Fox Sports San Diego feed, so Cardinals fans heard Padres announcer Dick Enberg call the game, also commercial free.
Seems there was some sort of technical problem at a Fox which prevented the regional cable outlets from going to commercials.
They did some random segments and things. But really, to make some extra money they should have done live voice-over commercials like they did in old time radio and in the early days of television. Like, Dick Enberg spends the time between innings talking about the “rich tobacco flavor” of Chesterfields or something.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 9
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)