May 23, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I said in ATH yesterday that our prodigal commenter, Halladay’s Biceps — or, occasionally, “bicepts” — was agitating to get reinstated from bannination. Based on the overwhelmingly negative response to the notion in the comments, that idea is officially tabled.
I agree with most of you: he’d be good for a few days in the recap threads and then I’d write something political or about race and he just wouldn’t be able to help himself. For what it’s worth, he realizes this. He also isn’t all that eager for all of you to jump on his case when he strays from game talk, so he’s good with staying banned. Between you and me, I think part of him secretly likes it in an Obi-Wan Kenobi, “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine” kind of way.
And here I am adding to what I’m guessing will soon be an ego problem on his part. He tweets stuff to me a few times a day. Mostly links to Philly-related articles. But sometimes money stuff like this:
@craigcalcaterra If the Phillies fall out of this race in the next few weeks, I will pull for the Braves. All (3) Nats fans are annoying.
— James (@halladaysbiceps) May 23, 2012
Say what you want about the guy, but he was usually the first Phillies fan around here to stop drinking the Kool-Aid when they’re not doing well. Whether I want him on the same bandwagon as me, however, is an open question …
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)