May 23, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I said in ATH yesterday that our prodigal commenter, Halladay’s Biceps — or, occasionally, “bicepts” — was agitating to get reinstated from bannination. Based on the overwhelmingly negative response to the notion in the comments, that idea is officially tabled.
I agree with most of you: he’d be good for a few days in the recap threads and then I’d write something political or about race and he just wouldn’t be able to help himself. For what it’s worth, he realizes this. He also isn’t all that eager for all of you to jump on his case when he strays from game talk, so he’s good with staying banned. Between you and me, I think part of him secretly likes it in an Obi-Wan Kenobi, “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine” kind of way.
And here I am adding to what I’m guessing will soon be an ego problem on his part. He tweets stuff to me a few times a day. Mostly links to Philly-related articles. But sometimes money stuff like this:
@craigcalcaterra If the Phillies fall out of this race in the next few weeks, I will pull for the Braves. All (3) Nats fans are annoying.
— James (@halladaysbiceps) May 23, 2012
Say what you want about the guy, but he was usually the first Phillies fan around here to stop drinking the Kool-Aid when they’re not doing well. Whether I want him on the same bandwagon as me, however, is an open question …
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)