May 23, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I said in ATH yesterday that our prodigal commenter, Halladay’s Biceps — or, occasionally, “bicepts” — was agitating to get reinstated from bannination. Based on the overwhelmingly negative response to the notion in the comments, that idea is officially tabled.
I agree with most of you: he’d be good for a few days in the recap threads and then I’d write something political or about race and he just wouldn’t be able to help himself. For what it’s worth, he realizes this. He also isn’t all that eager for all of you to jump on his case when he strays from game talk, so he’s good with staying banned. Between you and me, I think part of him secretly likes it in an Obi-Wan Kenobi, “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine” kind of way.
And here I am adding to what I’m guessing will soon be an ego problem on his part. He tweets stuff to me a few times a day. Mostly links to Philly-related articles. But sometimes money stuff like this:
@craigcalcaterra If the Phillies fall out of this race in the next few weeks, I will pull for the Braves. All (3) Nats fans are annoying.
— James (@halladaysbiceps) May 23, 2012
Say what you want about the guy, but he was usually the first Phillies fan around here to stop drinking the Kool-Aid when they’re not doing well. Whether I want him on the same bandwagon as me, however, is an open question …
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 0
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)