May 24, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Brett Gardner just can’t get his elbow right. After an initial setback that him shut down for ten days, he’s had another setback, in which he’s still feeling some stiffness.
The plan now is for him to hit off a tee on Monday. Or, if the New York Daily News is to be believed, he will return to New York and buy the Yankees, after which he will have a new elbow crafted for him out of pure unobtanium.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 31
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)