May 24, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Brett Gardner just can’t get his elbow right. After an initial setback that him shut down for ten days, he’s had another setback, in which he’s still feeling some stiffness.
The plan now is for him to hit off a tee on Monday. Or, if the New York Daily News is to be believed, he will return to New York and buy the Yankees, after which he will have a new elbow crafted for him out of pure unobtanium.
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 0
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)