May 24, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Chipper Jones been day-to-day with a sore calf for several days. And it’s not getting better:
#Braves Chipper worse today than before, stiffness moved up into calf after they “milked” the contusion yesterday.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) May 24, 2012
In other news, someone’s job is to “milk” Chipper Jones’ contusions. Eww.
The Braves are 19-5 with Chipper in lineup, 7-14 when he sits. So somebody should get to milking whatever needs to be milked on him, and fast.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17