May 24, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Chipper Jones been day-to-day with a sore calf for several days. And it’s not getting better:
#Braves Chipper worse today than before, stiffness moved up into calf after they “milked” the contusion yesterday.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) May 24, 2012
In other news, someone’s job is to “milk” Chipper Jones’ contusions. Eww.
The Braves are 19-5 with Chipper in lineup, 7-14 when he sits. So somebody should get to milking whatever needs to be milked on him, and fast.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)