May 24, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Chipper Jones been day-to-day with a sore calf for several days. And it’s not getting better:
#Braves Chipper worse today than before, stiffness moved up into calf after they “milked” the contusion yesterday.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) May 24, 2012
In other news, someone’s job is to “milk” Chipper Jones’ contusions. Eww.
The Braves are 19-5 with Chipper in lineup, 7-14 when he sits. So somebody should get to milking whatever needs to be milked on him, and fast.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (121)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)