May 24, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
To make room on the roster San Francisco optioned Charlie Culberson to Triple-A after the rookie went 3-for-22 (.136) in his first taste of the big leagues.
Prior to injuring his elbow Theriot was the Giants’ primary second baseman and he figures to reclaim the job, although Emmanuel Burriss is also in the mix after playing there for most of the past two weeks. Burriss is the rare player compared to whom Theriot is actually an upgrade offensively.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)