May 24, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
To make room on the roster San Francisco optioned Charlie Culberson to Triple-A after the rookie went 3-for-22 (.136) in his first taste of the big leagues.
Prior to injuring his elbow Theriot was the Giants’ primary second baseman and he figures to reclaim the job, although Emmanuel Burriss is also in the mix after playing there for most of the past two weeks. Burriss is the rare player compared to whom Theriot is actually an upgrade offensively.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)