May 24, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
The Rays are traveling in style today. And that style is vintage 1980’s nerd.
Paying tribute to FOX’s Ken Rosenthal and his bow ties for charities, the Rays have put their Sunday worst for their trip up to Boston in advance of their series against the Red Sox. Along with getting dressed up, they’ll be making a donation to the charities supported by Rosenthal this year.
Here’s a couple of our favorite pics off Twitter. Marc Topkin has a few more.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)