May 24, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
The Rays are traveling in style today. And that style is vintage 1980’s nerd.
Paying tribute to FOX’s Ken Rosenthal and his bow ties for charities, the Rays have put their Sunday worst for their trip up to Boston in advance of their series against the Red Sox. Along with getting dressed up, they’ll be making a donation to the charities supported by Rosenthal this year.
Here’s a couple of our favorite pics off Twitter. Marc Topkin has a few more.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)