May 24, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rays are traveling in style today. And that style is vintage 1980’s nerd.
Paying tribute to FOX’s Ken Rosenthal and his bow ties for charities, the Rays have put their Sunday worst for their trip up to Boston in advance of their series against the Red Sox. Along with getting dressed up, they’ll be making a donation to the charities supported by Rosenthal this year.
Here’s a couple of our favorite pics off Twitter. Marc Topkin has a few more.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)