May 24, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
The move is coming even though Danks thought he would have been fine to pitch Friday. Jose Quintana is being recalled from Triple-A Charlotte to start in his spot.
Danks is just 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA this season after landing a five-year, $65 million contract extension back in December. This is the first time in six big-league seasons that he’s been placed on the disabled list with an arm problem. He did serve a stint on the DL last year, but that was due to a strained oblique.
Quintana is likely to make at least two starts in Danks’ place. He made his major league debut on May 7, shutting out the Indians for 5 2/3 innings in the second game of a doubleheader.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)