May 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
This is not really significant, but the reasoning is fun:
Lance Berkman‘s right knee surgery, scheduled for this morning, is postponed until the 25th due to a conflict in the surgeon’s schedule.
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 24, 2012
Conflicts happen, I guess. I find it interesting though because anyone who has had to deal with anything beyond routine medical stuff has had to deal with delays and scheduling out weeks in advance. Ballplayers, though, get MRIs and all manner of complicated medical year in some hyper-expedited way, that it seems downright odd when they have to wait a day.
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)