May 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
This is not really significant, but the reasoning is fun:
Lance Berkman‘s right knee surgery, scheduled for this morning, is postponed until the 25th due to a conflict in the surgeon’s schedule.
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 24, 2012
Conflicts happen, I guess. I find it interesting though because anyone who has had to deal with anything beyond routine medical stuff has had to deal with delays and scheduling out weeks in advance. Ballplayers, though, get MRIs and all manner of complicated medical year in some hyper-expedited way, that it seems downright odd when they have to wait a day.
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 47
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)