May 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
This is not really significant, but the reasoning is fun:
Lance Berkman‘s right knee surgery, scheduled for this morning, is postponed until the 25th due to a conflict in the surgeon’s schedule.
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 24, 2012
Conflicts happen, I guess. I find it interesting though because anyone who has had to deal with anything beyond routine medical stuff has had to deal with delays and scheduling out weeks in advance. Ballplayers, though, get MRIs and all manner of complicated medical year in some hyper-expedited way, that it seems downright odd when they have to wait a day.
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)