May 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
This is not really significant, but the reasoning is fun:
Lance Berkman‘s right knee surgery, scheduled for this morning, is postponed until the 25th due to a conflict in the surgeon’s schedule.
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 24, 2012
Conflicts happen, I guess. I find it interesting though because anyone who has had to deal with anything beyond routine medical stuff has had to deal with delays and scheduling out weeks in advance. Ballplayers, though, get MRIs and all manner of complicated medical year in some hyper-expedited way, that it seems downright odd when they have to wait a day.
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)