May 24, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
This is not really significant, but the reasoning is fun:
Lance Berkman‘s right knee surgery, scheduled for this morning, is postponed until the 25th due to a conflict in the surgeon’s schedule.
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 24, 2012
Conflicts happen, I guess. I find it interesting though because anyone who has had to deal with anything beyond routine medical stuff has had to deal with delays and scheduling out weeks in advance. Ballplayers, though, get MRIs and all manner of complicated medical year in some hyper-expedited way, that it seems downright odd when they have to wait a day.
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)