May 24, 2012, 5:58 AM EDT
Hello friends. And That Happened is coming this morning, but it will be a bit delayed. The reason: those two to the right. For those who don’t know, the green fellow is Ballapeno, the mascot of the San Antonio Missions of the Texas League. The other fellow is the unfortunately named Henry the Puffy Taco. He’s like a secondary mascot. Or tertiary. There’s a big bag of groceries mascot too. Don’t ask.
Point is, I’m in San Antonio, Texas and last night I took in the Springfield Cardinals vs. San Antonio Missions game. It was sweet, even if the Missions lost. And after it was over we stopped at a taco truck because Texas is awesome like that. And it was a somewhat late night and I’m now on Central Time for the next few days, so the usual 5:58 AM And That Happened will be a bit delayed.
The rest of the day will be normal. Well, except for the fact that you can’t get Henry the Puffy Taco out of your head now. And you never, ever will be able to.
Oh, and I bought Mookie and Carlo a stuffed Ballapeno. I didn’t dare buy them a stuffed Henry the Puffy Taco.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)