May 24, 2012, 5:58 AM EST
Hello friends. And That Happened is coming this morning, but it will be a bit delayed. The reason: those two to the right. For those who don’t know, the green fellow is Ballapeno, the mascot of the San Antonio Missions of the Texas League. The other fellow is the unfortunately named Henry the Puffy Taco. He’s like a secondary mascot. Or tertiary. There’s a big bag of groceries mascot too. Don’t ask.
Point is, I’m in San Antonio, Texas and last night I took in the Springfield Cardinals vs. San Antonio Missions game. It was sweet, even if the Missions lost. And after it was over we stopped at a taco truck because Texas is awesome like that. And it was a somewhat late night and I’m now on Central Time for the next few days, so the usual 5:58 AM And That Happened will be a bit delayed.
The rest of the day will be normal. Well, except for the fact that you can’t get Henry the Puffy Taco out of your head now. And you never, ever will be able to.
Oh, and I bought Mookie and Carlo a stuffed Ballapeno. I didn’t dare buy them a stuffed Henry the Puffy Taco.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)