May 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Before the White Sox and Twins finish their three-game series at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago tonight Snoop Dogg will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.
It takes a lot to upstage Cole De Vries’ big-league debut, but that might just do it.
Or maybe this is just me feeling nostalgic and elderly, because Snoop Dogg’s debut album, Doggystyle, was the first CD purchased by a 10-year-old me after getting a boombox for Hanukkah in 1993.
Great album, by the way. I recommend buying it for any pre-teen celebrating a religious holiday, because nothing makes parents prouder than a 10-year-old who memorizes the words to “Gin and Juice.”
Also worth noting: Tonight will presumably be the first time Joe Mauer will be in the same place as the actual Snoop Dogg, rather than this cutout version from Mauer’s high school days in St. Paul:
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)