May 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Before the White Sox and Twins finish their three-game series at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago tonight Snoop Dogg will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.
It takes a lot to upstage Cole De Vries’ big-league debut, but that might just do it.
Or maybe this is just me feeling nostalgic and elderly, because Snoop Dogg’s debut album, Doggystyle, was the first CD purchased by a 10-year-old me after getting a boombox for Hanukkah in 1993.
Great album, by the way. I recommend buying it for any pre-teen celebrating a religious holiday, because nothing makes parents prouder than a 10-year-old who memorizes the words to “Gin and Juice.”
Also worth noting: Tonight will presumably be the first time Joe Mauer will be in the same place as the actual Snoop Dogg, rather than this cutout version from Mauer’s high school days in St. Paul:
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 22
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)