May 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Before the White Sox and Twins finish their three-game series at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago tonight Snoop Dogg will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.
It takes a lot to upstage Cole De Vries’ big-league debut, but that might just do it.
Or maybe this is just me feeling nostalgic and elderly, because Snoop Dogg’s debut album, Doggystyle, was the first CD purchased by a 10-year-old me after getting a boombox for Hanukkah in 1993.
Great album, by the way. I recommend buying it for any pre-teen celebrating a religious holiday, because nothing makes parents prouder than a 10-year-old who memorizes the words to “Gin and Juice.”
Also worth noting: Tonight will presumably be the first time Joe Mauer will be in the same place as the actual Snoop Dogg, rather than this cutout version from Mauer’s high school days in St. Paul:
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)