May 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Before the White Sox and Twins finish their three-game series at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago tonight Snoop Dogg will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.
It takes a lot to upstage Cole De Vries’ big-league debut, but that might just do it.
Or maybe this is just me feeling nostalgic and elderly, because Snoop Dogg’s debut album, Doggystyle, was the first CD purchased by a 10-year-old me after getting a boombox for Hanukkah in 1993.
Great album, by the way. I recommend buying it for any pre-teen celebrating a religious holiday, because nothing makes parents prouder than a 10-year-old who memorizes the words to “Gin and Juice.”
Also worth noting: Tonight will presumably be the first time Joe Mauer will be in the same place as the actual Snoop Dogg, rather than this cutout version from Mauer’s high school days in St. Paul:
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)