May 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Patrick Elster used to be the V.P. of ticket sales for the Toronto Blue Jays. Then he wasn’t, though it wasn’t clear if he was fired or quit. After he was gone, however, two things happened:
- The Jays allegedly didn’t make severance payments he was supposed to get; and
- Elster allegedly spilled the Jays’ confidential financial information in an interview in the Toronto Sun.
Sounds like the latter happened first and then the former, but you can read the details of the lawsuit here.
The thing I find most interesting: V.P.s of ticket sales get six figure bonuses and severance payments. I know some people not too many steps down the ladder from that in front offices who are practically eating Ramen noodles and selling plasma.
OK, slight exaggeration, but front offices don’t pay a ton for most jobs.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)