May 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Patrick Elster used to be the V.P. of ticket sales for the Toronto Blue Jays. Then he wasn’t, though it wasn’t clear if he was fired or quit. After he was gone, however, two things happened:
- The Jays allegedly didn’t make severance payments he was supposed to get; and
- Elster allegedly spilled the Jays’ confidential financial information in an interview in the Toronto Sun.
Sounds like the latter happened first and then the former, but you can read the details of the lawsuit here.
The thing I find most interesting: V.P.s of ticket sales get six figure bonuses and severance payments. I know some people not too many steps down the ladder from that in front offices who are practically eating Ramen noodles and selling plasma.
OK, slight exaggeration, but front offices don’t pay a ton for most jobs.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15