May 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Patrick Elster used to be the V.P. of ticket sales for the Toronto Blue Jays. Then he wasn’t, though it wasn’t clear if he was fired or quit. After he was gone, however, two things happened:
- The Jays allegedly didn’t make severance payments he was supposed to get; and
- Elster allegedly spilled the Jays’ confidential financial information in an interview in the Toronto Sun.
Sounds like the latter happened first and then the former, but you can read the details of the lawsuit here.
The thing I find most interesting: V.P.s of ticket sales get six figure bonuses and severance payments. I know some people not too many steps down the ladder from that in front offices who are practically eating Ramen noodles and selling plasma.
OK, slight exaggeration, but front offices don’t pay a ton for most jobs.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11