May 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Figuratively, of course.
The reality, of course, is that neither of those teams are particularly interested. If Oswalt is going to pitch for anything approaching what has been customary for mid-season mercenary money, he’s probably gonna have to look east, where the competitive races and the teams with some money to spend on mid-season improvements reside.
And those things still reside in Baltimore. Which, in all honesty, would be a good fit and could make things way more interesting in the AL East.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)