May 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Figuratively, of course.
The reality, of course, is that neither of those teams are particularly interested. If Oswalt is going to pitch for anything approaching what has been customary for mid-season mercenary money, he’s probably gonna have to look east, where the competitive races and the teams with some money to spend on mid-season improvements reside.
And those things still reside in Baltimore. Which, in all honesty, would be a good fit and could make things way more interesting in the AL East.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 0
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 15
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)