May 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Figuratively, of course.
The reality, of course, is that neither of those teams are particularly interested. If Oswalt is going to pitch for anything approaching what has been customary for mid-season mercenary money, he’s probably gonna have to look east, where the competitive races and the teams with some money to spend on mid-season improvements reside.
And those things still reside in Baltimore. Which, in all honesty, would be a good fit and could make things way more interesting in the AL East.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)