May 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Figuratively, of course.
The reality, of course, is that neither of those teams are particularly interested. If Oswalt is going to pitch for anything approaching what has been customary for mid-season mercenary money, he’s probably gonna have to look east, where the competitive races and the teams with some money to spend on mid-season improvements reside.
And those things still reside in Baltimore. Which, in all honesty, would be a good fit and could make things way more interesting in the AL East.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)