May 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Figuratively, of course.
The reality, of course, is that neither of those teams are particularly interested. If Oswalt is going to pitch for anything approaching what has been customary for mid-season mercenary money, he’s probably gonna have to look east, where the competitive races and the teams with some money to spend on mid-season improvements reside.
And those things still reside in Baltimore. Which, in all honesty, would be a good fit and could make things way more interesting in the AL East.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)