May 25, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Don’t look Ethel!
We mentioned the streaker from last night’s Phillies-Cardinals fan in the recaps this morning, but Jeff Passan has his story. His name is Collin J. Grundstrom. And you will be shocked to learn that alcohol was involved.
Also, will someone please think of the children?
One row in front of Grundstrom sat Jackson Dement, a precocious 7-year-old redhead who had come to see baseball. Instead, he saw a naked dude … Jackson Dement, fan, declared to his mom, Kellee: “This was the best game ever.”
Great report from Passan, who found himself in the right place at the right time. Even if I am somewhat upset that he did not ask why a Phillies fan traveled all the way to St. Louis to disrupt a baseball game. God, those guys.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (203)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)