May 25, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Don’t look Ethel!
We mentioned the streaker from last night’s Phillies-Cardinals fan in the recaps this morning, but Jeff Passan has his story. His name is Collin J. Grundstrom. And you will be shocked to learn that alcohol was involved.
Also, will someone please think of the children?
One row in front of Grundstrom sat Jackson Dement, a precocious 7-year-old redhead who had come to see baseball. Instead, he saw a naked dude … Jackson Dement, fan, declared to his mom, Kellee: “This was the best game ever.”
Great report from Passan, who found himself in the right place at the right time. Even if I am somewhat upset that he did not ask why a Phillies fan traveled all the way to St. Louis to disrupt a baseball game. God, those guys.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)