May 25, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Don’t look Ethel!
We mentioned the streaker from last night’s Phillies-Cardinals fan in the recaps this morning, but Jeff Passan has his story. His name is Collin J. Grundstrom. And you will be shocked to learn that alcohol was involved.
Also, will someone please think of the children?
One row in front of Grundstrom sat Jackson Dement, a precocious 7-year-old redhead who had come to see baseball. Instead, he saw a naked dude … Jackson Dement, fan, declared to his mom, Kellee: “This was the best game ever.”
Great report from Passan, who found himself in the right place at the right time. Even if I am somewhat upset that he did not ask why a Phillies fan traveled all the way to St. Louis to disrupt a baseball game. God, those guys.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (115)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)