May 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Baseball seems to have come to a complete stop, news-wise, in the past couple of hours. That’s OK. It’s a holiday weekend. Everyone is firing up the grill and cracking coldies I guess.
Of course teams are releasing guys. Our third one of the day is Bill Hall, who was just DFA’d by the Orioles. Hall was given a grand total of 11 plate appearances in the bigs since being signed in late April. He was 2 for 7 with four walks and a homer.
Hall has cycled through gigs with the O’s, the Yankees, the Giants, the Astros, the Red Sox, the Mariners and the Brewers since 2009. I’d have to guess this is the end of the road for him.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)