May 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Baseball seems to have come to a complete stop, news-wise, in the past couple of hours. That’s OK. It’s a holiday weekend. Everyone is firing up the grill and cracking coldies I guess.
Of course teams are releasing guys. Our third one of the day is Bill Hall, who was just DFA’d by the Orioles. Hall was given a grand total of 11 plate appearances in the bigs since being signed in late April. He was 2 for 7 with four walks and a homer.
Hall has cycled through gigs with the O’s, the Yankees, the Giants, the Astros, the Red Sox, the Mariners and the Brewers since 2009. I’d have to guess this is the end of the road for him.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 110
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)