May 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Baseball seems to have come to a complete stop, news-wise, in the past couple of hours. That’s OK. It’s a holiday weekend. Everyone is firing up the grill and cracking coldies I guess.
Of course teams are releasing guys. Our third one of the day is Bill Hall, who was just DFA’d by the Orioles. Hall was given a grand total of 11 plate appearances in the bigs since being signed in late April. He was 2 for 7 with four walks and a homer.
Hall has cycled through gigs with the O’s, the Yankees, the Giants, the Astros, the Red Sox, the Mariners and the Brewers since 2009. I’d have to guess this is the end of the road for him.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)