May 25, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
It’s just Ryan Dempster‘s luck: he allowed one run in 7 1/3 innings versus Pittsburgh on Friday and then fell to 0-3 anyway.
The Cubs racked up 10 hits tonight, yet lost 1-0 to drop their 10th straight game and fall to 15-30 on the season. They were the first team since the Dodgers last June 18 to get shutout in a game with at least 10 hits.
Dempster has now made eight starts and posted a 2.14 ERA, but he’s still looking for his first victory. Twice he’s left with leads, only to watch the bullpen blow them. The Cubs are 1-7 in his outings.
The Cubs tried shaking up their lineup a bit tonight, moving Starlin Castro out of the third spot for the first time this season and going with Joe Mather in his place. Castro, hitting second, had two hits, as did Mather, but they didn’t come at the right time.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)